Director of Operations
- Bridgeport, CT, USA
- Full Time
Director of Operations
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Repots to : COO
This is an opportunity to build and bring together an existing team and to facilitate and support the company's growth in Connecticut.
As the Director of Operations, you will assist, improve upon, and direct the various locations/branch offices for this fast-growing, home healthcare company. This will utilize your operations leadership experience and experience in helping diverse office cultures and employees work as a team while utilizing their individual and collective strengths to accomplish a common goal.
You will have oversight of administrative and operational processes and have three direct reports initially with a total team of approximately 15 across three branch offices.
We imagine you will initially analyze the operational needs and make recommendations with improvement methodologies. This certainly includes PEOPLE' skills and your success, in a very large part, will be based on your ability to have long-term employees trust your leadership and execute.
You will quickly become the subject matter expert and link to the field and to the corporate office. You will also have the opportunity and responsibility for educating staff members with the aim of maximizing performance toward company goals and ensuring compliance with company policies.
What You Will Do & Ways You Will Lead
Provide leadership to the Area Directors, Branch Managers, and Branch Supervisors within the assigned territory and ensure resources are available to ensure success.
Evaluate staff, provide regular performance feedback, coach and counsel as needed, and create development plans in conjunction with Corporate Human Resources
Conduct visits, calls, or other types of communications to ensure goals are clear to branches and employees within those branches. Analyze field reaction pertaining to the management direction they have received. Secure input from line management staff and senior management
Discuss progress, provide general direction, and work with staff on actual situations, providing insight into the handling of problems.
Guide the development of branch budgets and review final budget proposals, adjusting as necessary.
Monitor financial results against budget and objectives and provide detailed performance reports to the COO. Devise and implement adjustments to plans and programs.
Collaborate with Business Development, Marketing, and Community Outreach staff in directing advertising, communication, and promotional activities with internal staff and outside agencies while keeping within the confines of regulatory requirements.
Utilize available reporting to conduct financial analysis and assess current and future state of business.
Implement changes in workflow, referral generation, and selling methods to increase productivity and revenue.
Network to improve the presence and reputation of the assigned branches and company.
Analyze and understand local market conditions and identify current and prospective opportunities.
Implement plans to improve Compliance in all aspects of branch operations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Present, communicate, and support corporate goals/objectives, projects, systems and policies, and procedures.
- Implement strategies and tactics to support local execution of corporate objectives.
- Promote organizational development in enhancing the operation of corporate and local programs, clinical excellence, office operations, and personnel development.
- Consult with senior management and company specialists in obtaining needed insight when designing new programs, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in performance improvement activities as required.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPAA rules.
- Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures, and accreditation standards.
The Skills & Abilities Needed for Success:
- Proven ability to drive accountability to financial and operational goals.
- Experience and understanding of how to leverage technology and data to drive innovation.
- An established record of successful leadership in the consumer health care market
- Excellent communication, relational, facilitation, and presentation skills
- A servant leader who is empowering of others, directive, strong, decisive, and creative
- Executive presence, approachable but confident & "comfortable in own skin"
- Inspires greatness in others, mentors both clinical and administrative staff.
- Excellent people management, strategy, and execution skills
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Minimum 7+ years of management experience within healthcare or related industry; Home Care experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing; Business Administration, Healthcare or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through multiple leadership assignments; Multisite leadership preferred.
- Proven track record in growing businesses; strong financial and business acumen to interpret financial data and reports correctly to manage business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a regulatory environment (preferably healthcare-related) relative to onsite operations.
- Knowledge of current home healthcare industry and legal issues
- Experience as a "hands-on" manager or director with experience reporting to a C-level or to executives.
- Strong clinical understanding/experience (RN or equivalent experience desired)