Director of Compliance
- Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Director of Compliance
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Reports to the company Co-Chairman
As the Director of Compliance, you will research and review legislative, regulatory, and/or accreditation requirements and compare updates to current corporate policies. You will develop and enforce programs to comply with new laws and regulations. You may also be involved with legal representation concerning compliance with current laws.
Ways You Can Continually Add Value
- Partner with company departments to maintain a company culture that embraces compliance and recognizes that compliance is a collective responsibility of all company employees
- Increase awareness of the importance of the healthcare compliance program, and maintaining and expanding the visibility of the healthcare compliance programs; provide general guidance to the business and integrate compliance controls into the scope of existing business practices company-wide
- Develop, implement, maintain, and regularly assess key policies and procedures to mitigate identified risks and to meet government, industry, and company healthcare compliance requirements
- Maintain current working knowledge of various laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect the corporate-wide compliance program
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and administer effective compliance training programs through various delivery formats that focus on the elements of the compliance program and seek to ensure that appropriate employees understand, and understand the importance of compliance with, pertinent requirements
- Collaborate with Company management and other personnel to identify and provide ongoing risk assessment of existing and emerging business practices for potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and develop/implement preventive action plans to help maintain compliance, and where necessary develop and implements corrective action plans for the resolution of issues
- Provide regular updates and reports to the senior management on the operation and progress of compliance efforts and initiatives, audit findings, investigation outcomes, and project status updates
- Oversee and implement compliance-related auditing and monitoring plans for sales, marketing, and other business activities
- Assist in management of compliance investigations involving potential violations of compliance policies, laws, or regulations and overseeing corrective action
- Serve as a subject matter expert in areas of healthcare regulatory law.
Additional responsibilities include:
You will have one direct report.
- Master's degree in business administration or Law Required
- Juris Doctorate degree Preferred
- 6+ years of experience
- Background in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement