Director of Business Development - Healthcare
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
Director of Business Development - New Healthcare Contracts
Are you an experienced BD selling services in long-term care, post-acute care, home healthcare, hospitals or healthcare facilities in the Pennsylvania marketplace who is looking for their next step up in their career?
Then this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are searching for someone to be the main point of contact through New Business Generation in an expanded market with a company that is experiencing tremendous growth that lives close to Philadelphia or NE New Jersey.
As the Director of Sales/Business Development, you will be responsible for bringing in new healthcare business contracts for this fast-growing healthcare provider. This is an opportunity to gain market share and diversify the company's portfolio. This is an individual contributor role that will have the opportunity to grow and expand as the market grows. The company is a well-established organization of 6000 + employees that is expanding into the Pennsylvania market.
This is a professional sales opportunity
- You will be responsible for building, managing, and negotiating new relationships with agencies and contracts to appropriately coordinate and fulfill the contract for delivering healthcare staff.
- You will identify new contracting opportunities and drive all reimbursement negotiations with the support of the SVP of Growth.
- You will assist with developing contract related communication and training materials for the company. You will also ensure contract requirements are being met by all the branch offices.
- You will review and analyze contract opportunities, existing or new, with the executive contract committee to best determine how to activate and engage.
Activities include: Creating a market development plan, cold calling, presenting one or multiple people, reporting, contract review, building a new sales organization, purchasing contracts data, utilizing a new contracts template with standard terms and conditions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifying the need for new or revised policies based on changes in regulations and or requirements
- Participating in developing and overseeing training sessions for the branches regarding the contracts
- Creating a contracting scorecard that is updated on a regular basis to communicate new contracts to the field and high value relationships
- Participating in external contract meetings to represent the interests of the Company and to ensure a prompt flow of information of importance to management.
- Participating in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years industry related experience to include previous experience with contract development negotiations along with implementation experience
- Strong knowledge of contract terms/conditions and related ongoing reporting/legal requirements required
- Understanding of the various health systems and networks throughout Pennsylvania
- Strong oral/written communication and analytical skills also required