Human Resources Manager
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Human Resources Manager
As a Human Resources Manager, you will help build a community and culture of health, safety, and excellence for this Indianapolis-based non-profit organization. This opportunity is great if you are a strong HR generalist wanting to gain further experience in your HR career and develop your skills in culture development, performance management, and hiring and onboarding.
Your previous HR experience and alignment with the company's focus will help you provide support to the overall development, administration, coordination, and execution of the human resource function.
- Develop, implement, and administer recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes for the organization
- Perform benefits administration and payroll
- Coordinate formal Safe Sport training for all Staff on a quarterly basis (minimum) to ensure Staff understands child protection requirements, reporting procedures, and law
- Oversee the quarterly performance review program
- Conduct an annual review of organization compensation, benefits, and bonus plan
- Provide compensation and organizational structure philosophy recommendations to management
- Lead the organization in the continual development of a culture of safety, accountability, teamwork, ethics, and the commitment to servicing stakeholders, including athletes, membership, and our communities
- Create and implement employee engagement initiatives driving overall culture and improving employee retention
- Manage the human resources budget to plan; support the annual budgeting process by providing timely and accurate information and budgetary requirements for the human resource function.
- Develop and implement professional development paths for all Staff members
- Lead diversity, equity, and inclusion development for the organization
- Other duties, as assigned
About the Organization:
The organization is a not-for-profit sports group based in Indianapolis. They are a well-established organization committed to creating a culture that empowers and supports its employees.
Your Previous Experience, Education, and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business or human resource management, or related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience, including demonstrated generalist experience in, recruiting, compensation and benefits, and human resource administration.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Comfortable advising all levels of an organization, including on challenging issues such as performance, discipline, and compensation benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all functional units of an organization including finance, legal, and program leaders
The position is near downtown Indianapolis, Indiana