- Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Controller--fast growth, healthcare
As the Controller (reporting to the CFO) for this fast-growth healthcare company, you will lead the accounting and payroll functions and provide leadership and expertise in budgeting and forecasting and continued M&A activity. This is a well-established company with new leadership and a mandate to expand and gain market share. Your current and previous work experiences as a controller or accounting leader with experience in these key areas will be a clue that you're perhaps ready for this next level in your career and certainly a new adventure.
Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions is Required!
The Leadership You'll Provide
- You'll oversee the daily functions of the payroll team and accounting team and ensuring the company's accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- You'll establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- We'll look to you for recommending benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
- You'll monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- And manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
--Additionally, you'll direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies, as well as
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions,
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Perform financial modeling functions to support business decisions and act as an advisor to senior management
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues,
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements,
- And coordinate tax preparation
About the company
The company is one of the fastest-growing home (non-medical) healthcare companies in the Northeast region. They view home healthcare holistically offering a complete and connected system of care based on patient's ever-changing needs.
Their success is rooted in their belief that caring starts with the company's employees and as they work hard to take care of you the employee, they know you'll pay-it-forward.
Your Previous Experience, Education, & Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, (CPA preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Previous experience with Mergers and Acquisitions (M & A)
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects