JAVA DEVELOPER (all exp. levels)
- Quantico, VA, USA
Java Developer (Contract)
Location: Remote and must be within 2 hours drive distance of Quantico, VA
Must be a U.S. Citizen as required for this government contract.
Ideally also have Public Trust Security Clearance.
The opportunity is for a Senior Java Developer to work on a project for the US Marine Corps within the business object/application logic layer utilizing Java and Java Servlets.
We are looking for Java Developers with experience in the application logic and one of the other SW dev layers listed here:
- Presentation layer (user interface)utilizing HTML, CSS, Angular JS, PrimeFace, JSF
- Business objects layer(application logic)utilizing Java, Java Servlet
- Persistence (database connectivity and access)utilizing PL/SQL, SQL queries, SQL*Plus
Our client, a leading User Experience (UX) consulting firm based in the Indianapolis area, understands what it takes to make software useful, usable, and appealing. They have a long track record of helping organizations understand users and synthesize needs, expectations, and desires into superior user experiences. This means that you, the software developer, will enjoy building well-designed applications that matter!
TO BE SUCCESSFUL in this project, and with future projects, you will draw upon your knowledge and experiences in:
- Software development methodology based upon Agile/Scrum and/or Kanban,
- User stories, creation, and management of sprint backlog.
- Interpreting/complying with an established architecture and framework.
- Creating object-oriented executables using MVC and design patterns.
You should possess the ability to collaborate and work independently and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Experience in any of these areas is highly favorable:
- Technical/Professional Certification from any industry-recognized organization (Oracle, PMI, IQTSB, CompTIA, Puppet Labs, Red Hat, etc).
- Knowledge of USMC systems and culture.
- Development of/migration to Cloud-based applications
- DevOps or DEVSECOPS
- Automated Application Build-Deploy processes (via tools such as Docker)
- Self-provisioning of environments (via tools such as Puppet)
This is a contract opportunity working on a federal government project. Contract opportunity duration is expected to be 6 months with the possibility of extension.
PROCESS-- Upload your resume. One of our recruiters will be in touch as we feel your experiences and qualifications are a close match.
Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen, and security clearance if a clearance is not already in your possession. Security clearance needed is Public Trust Security Clearance (SF-85P)