Biomedical Service Technician
- Middlesboro, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, matching 401k and more
Biomedical Equipment Service Technician
Middlesboro, KY is located in Southern Kentucky, just minutes from Cumberland Gap TN., National Historic Park. This is an in-house, low travel position.
The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, able to develop professional relationships by showing respect to all people, creating real value, and exhibiting integrity.
The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET III) installs, inspects, troubleshoots repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties.
Specifically, some of the experience we are looking for (Anesthesia, Ventilators, Sterilizers, Central fuses, Defibrillators, etc.)
The Biomedical Equipment Service Technician III serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates.
- 5+ years' experience servicing biomedical equipment in a hospital or clinical engineering environment.
Experience in performing electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology preferred
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Repair, install, and calibrate highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
We offer competitive and fair pay rates, a comprehensive benefits package, matching 401k plans and more.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts