Biomedical Equipment Technician lll (BMET lll)
- Bowling Green, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary + Health Benefits + Paid time off + Matching 401k and more
Biomedical Equipment Technician, BMET lll
Growing company is searching for a BMET III, who has 5+ years' experience servicing all levels of modalities and certifications with different manufactures.
(Anesthesia, Ventilators, Scopes, Sterilizers, Central fuses, Defibrillators)
If you are someone who enjoys a challenge and variety, we have an opportunity for you to be a driving force in defining solutions which will provide a definite social value.
The Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET III) installs, inspects, troubleshoots repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties. The BMET III serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates. The individual demonstrates adherence to the core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
• 5+ years' experience servicing medical equipment in a hospital environment.
• Experience in performing electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
• Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required.
- Technical Certification (CBET) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Repair, install, and calibrate highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Lead Service Operations Special Projects as assigned. Travel to sites and or work with other Central Office associates as necessary for the collection and analysis of information and or data pertaining to any special assignments
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
- Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills.
If you are someone who enjoys challenge and variety and who would like to be a driving force in defining solutions which will provide a definite social value, please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts