Variable Data Programmer
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Variable Data Programmer
Our client, a second generation, full service, print solutions company and headquartered in Indianapolis, is seeking an experienced Variable Data Programmer to join their innovative team. In this important position, you will be responsible for effectively leading and executing complex variable data print projects and complex document composition solutions including statements, forms, & direct mail pieces using document management and variable data to satisfy business and customer requirements. You will also be responsible for postal preparation, data-cleansing, and postal document preparation for daily mailing jobs.
You will gather customer requirements to implement and program within document applications while also providing technical guidance for file preparation, submission, and HIPAA requirements. Being the technical liaison to explain and communicate customer requirements to other team members will also a big part of your role.
The Company Vibe
We're fun, we code, we listen to music, we do good work, and sometimes we goof around. There is variety and sometimes we have to respond quickly to unexpected client demands and participate in client meetings and because we do, we have a mutual respect and appreciation with our clients, some of the top of the F500.
What you will be doing
- Use InDesign and Adobe Acrobat along with FusionPro variable data software to manage variable data print projects & templates, including digital page layout & image manipulation, & preflighting.
- Serve as internal expert and implementation manager for variable data template creation and postal processing utilizing FusionPro and BCC software.
- Set up automation for daily files.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Write rules, scripts, and data transformations in FusionPro to accommodate conditional tasks.
- Spool outputs appropriate to imaging devices (inkjet & digital presses)
- Communicate with Production Manager about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
- Utilize 2D barcode symbologies
- Maintain and support previously built workflows.
- Experience with print automation software, like Prinergy, for job creation, proofing and imposition.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Develop and administer automation training for subordinates.
- Prepare and cleanse data for mailing requirements including personalization and postal presorting using Mail Manager software.
- Serve as postal regulations resource for internal & external customers. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of postal regulations.
- Serve as in-house expert on mail piece design. Consult with internal and external customers in this regard.
- Understand the process of CASS certification, presorting and inkjet print preparation.
- Verify and check proper weights, rates, sizes and qualifications required by the USPS guidelines.
- Generate USPS reports, internal reports and customer specific listings.
What you need to be successful
- Accountability - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results, setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Client Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organizational needs.
- Mutual Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, takes action.
- Results-Oriented – Knowing what results are most important to achieving overall department and organizational goals and organizing resources to accomplish them. Setting high goals for group accomplishments and using measurement methods to monitor progress; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from achievement and continuous improvement.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in USPS regulations, variable data processing, document composition programming with one or more of the following applications: FusionPro, XMPie, Prinergy or similar
- A firm understanding of United States postal rules and regulations, data processing experience utilizing BCC Mail Manager, and Variable Letter programming leveraging PTI FusionPro with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with mail presort software including BCC Mail Manager, PostalSoft or similar
- Knowledge of various print streams including postscript and PDF
- Understanding of & ability to handle HIPAA data with high accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and basic print specifications including margins, bleeds, etc.
Desired – Four (4) year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Apply online or reach out to us directly with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts