Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET IIl)
- Hazard, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary + Comprehensive Health Benefits + Paid time off, Matching 401k and more
Biomedical Equipment Technician, BMET lll
Join our team for our next phase of growth, as we continue to expand our product and service offerings.
Great small town to raise your family with low cost of living. Great Benefits, matching 401k and more.
The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, able to develop professional relationships by showing respect to all people, creating real value, and exhibiting integrity, initiating meaningful change.
The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET III) installs, inspects, troubleshoots repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties.
The BMET II serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates.
Specifically 'the Biomedical Equipment Technician is required to be familiar with all classes of medical equipment such as: Sterilizers, Defibrillators, Anesthesia, Ventilates, etc. As an experienced BMET you should have a good understanding and have worked on all levels of modalities and modality manufacturers. Experience in OR and Sterilization is highly preferred.
- 5+ years' experience servicing medical equipment in a hospital environment.
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology preferred
- Experience in performing electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Repair, install, and calibrate highly complex and intricate biomedical equipment and systems
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
- Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
We offer competitive pay rates, a comprehensive benefits package, including matching 401k plans and the culture for operations is one of innovation and constant growth.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts