Biomedical Equipment Technician III
- Appleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET III) installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex biomedical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties. The BMET III serves as an advisor to administrative, medical, and clinical staff in the safe use and proper operation of clinical equipment and in developing specifications for the selection of new equipment. This position also contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates. The individual demonstrates adherence to the core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
A day in the life: Every day is different and so is every customer. Our customers are hospitals and other healthcare facilities and medical offices that use biomedical equipment. This means you will be working alongside of doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals who rely on this equipment daily. You're the one who keeps it all running optimally. There are days where you're very busy and because you're good, and the equipment is good, there are also some days that are not so busy.
Ways you can be successful... Perform Performance Assurance (PA) inspections periodically with excellence. Perform scheduled maintenance, operation verification procedures (OVP) on general biomedical equipment with attention to detail and high-quality standards and electrical safety inspections (ESI). Repair, install and calibrate general biomedical equipment. Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery. Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education. Lead Service Operations Special Projects as assigned. Travel to sites andor work with other Central Office associates as necessary for the collection and analysis of information andor data pertaining to any special assignments
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
- Serve as an ambassador for the company by integrating the core values into job performance
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
The Experience You Bring
An Associate's degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required along with 3 months experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment preferred. Also a valid driver's license is required as there will be variable travel requirements depending on the primary site that may require the use of a personal vehicle. You should also have complex computer skills including the ability to interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required. The ability to integrate information from a variety of sources is key. The right candidate will have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our Shared Values
Innovation, Make a Difference, Excellence
If you are someone who enjoys challenge and variety and who would like to be a driving force in defining
solutions which will provide a definite social value, please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org