Project Manager- Construction
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Construction Project Manager
"Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning." -Mr. Rogers
At Countryside Play Structures, we build and fun and development for kids and communities. Our playground structures and innovative designs help children develop important socialization skills while also meeting sensory development needs. We represent the best products in the recreational outdoor space business and we provide the best service experience in the Midwest.
We would like you to join the fun as our new Construction Project Manager.
This is an important and foundational position for our growth plans in 2019 and beyond. In this role, you will be the glue that keeps projects and work crews on-schedule and under budget through your communication, organizational skills, project management abilities, and knowledge of sound construction and safety practices.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Manage projects throughout Kentucky and Indiana.
- Conduct early inspection/walkthroughs of sites to understand site layout and match to blueprints. It is vital that you visit all sites and step foot on the ground to know what is needed.
- Order all materials (Order playground, mulch, etc.) and manage delivery schedules and ensure delivery to construction sites at the right time.
- Be the point of contact for all trucks and crew/site managers.
- Review project progress and inspect sites to ensure client satisfaction and on-time, under-budget delivery.
- Communicate and manage worksite change requests with customers as necessary.
- Provide reporting of project statuses to management team and communicate where help or further input is needed.
The Experience You'll Bring:
- Must understand lay of the land and be able to read and interpret blueprints. Some sites are indoors and most outside.
- General project management expertise in the construction industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and other tools for project management.
- A track record of making sound business decisions that meet customer needs and the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel. Some overnight but mostly out and back the same day.
- Clean driving record.
If you are someone who enjoys challenge and variety and who would like to be a driving force in defining
solutions which will provide definite social value, please apply by sending resume to email@example.com