Senior Superintendent- Multi Family
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Full Time
Responsible and accountable for supervising the site (including maintaining all safety protocols) and building construction process for the entire project. Also may include training of project superintendents, assisting with project purchasing and approval of bids/ proposals as well as monthly trade partner invoices, on occasion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise trade contractors involved in the project and monitor the quality of their work daily.
- Train and mentor project superintendents on field management techniques and policies.
- Supervise the job site to meet or exceed all OSHA requirements for personnel and property safety.
- Maintain good relationship with lender representatives, architects and engineers.
- Coordinate all material testing and inspections.
- Attend buyout and project meetings as requested.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and updating the project's master schedule, provide technical assistance with MEP work, and inspect all work to ensure compliance to drawings.
- Inform all trade contractors and home office on the status of the master schedule and provide a two-three week look ahead of future work.
- Hold weekly safety & project meetings individually with all documentation of paperwork.
- Work with the local utility companies to establish procedures for final taps and approvals.
- Supervise any laborers and work with the Assistant Superintendent to accomplish daily task.
- Investigate and recommend new products or trade contractors to Project Manger for future consideration.
- Responsible for obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the creation of the as-built drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 15 years experience in multifamily construction in supervisory role
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze business publications, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write and interpret reports, correspondence and manuals. Ability to effectively present to groups of people including employees, vendors and the general public.
- Math Skills – Ability to calculate proportions, percentages, and to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to solve problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only general guidelines exist. Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications, contract terms and conditions and purchase orders.
- Computer Skills – Intermediate experience with MS Office and MS Project.
- Other Skills – Understanding of civil, architectural, and structural design; general knowledge of MEP design, basic estimating skills, knowledge of local and state building codes.
~~Some experience with HUD would be a plus but not required.
- Annually attend First Aid training and OSHA 10 hour classes.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Normally works in an environment with loud noise.
- Rarely must work in humid conditions, near fumes/airborne particles, near toxic/caustic chemicals, near risk of electrical shock and around vibration.
- Occasionally must work near moving mechanical parts and in high/precarious places.
- Regularly must work in outdoor weather conditions.