Senior Software Business Analyst
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Our passion is to make our clients' lives easier, their work more effective, and their operations more efficient through custom software solutions.
We do this by developing custom software that eliminates mundane work and builds value for organizations through the integration and automation of their processes and data. In short, we make data smarter.
Working with us, you'll find that we're fun and a bit geeky, but we're also hard-working, dependable, honest, proactive, and a tight-knit team. We listen, we ask questions, we take pride in our work, we accept help, we manage ourselves, set priorities, and we produce proven results.
Our Business Analysts (BA) are responsible for ensuring that client requirements are gathered accurately in order for Production to successfully craft a solution for that problem.
Occasionally, clients will already have an idea of what their solutions should look like; the BA helps to refine that solution while applying knowledge from other projects to ensure that we're crafting the most appropriate solution to the client's problem, culture, and budget.
The primary responsibility of the BA is to facilitate discovery sessions in which both members of the I-S team and the client all clearly understand the problem faced by the client and the proposed solution to address that problem. As an output of this effort, BAs should produce a software blueprint containing functional specifications, user cases/stories, and a wireframe of the application.
The secondary and equally important responsibility will be account management of key accounts. This will allow you to apply your people skills along with your technical skills and understanding of client technology goals and roadmaps. By taking a consultative approach, you will help keep development efforts focused while also helping Inverse-Square expand its relationships and opportunities with existing clients.
What You Will Do
- Define the structure of collected requirements into a blueprint.
- Write functional specs, wireframes, Use Case/user stories.
- Facilitate problem/solution discussions.
- Capture all requirements for the crafted solution in the blueprint documentation.
- Ensure the produced QA/QC Test Suite adequately and accurately test the gathered requirements.
- Conduct final pre-UAT Testing as needed.
- Negative indicator: Number of change requests during projects. Overruns on projects.
- Client confidence survey.
- Application efficacy survey.
What You Will Bring
- Typically, 5 years experience in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) with at least two years being client facing experience as a Business Analyst in a software development environment/company.
- A passion for guiding clients to and through innovative custom software solutions.
- Technical knowledge of systems, tools, and methods to produce concepts and deliver clarity for clients on technology capabilities.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.