Business Development Representative
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Business Development Representative (Indianapolis, Indiana 46278)
Business Furniture is seeking talented individuals to join our sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to help Indiana companies develop great work spaces for their employees. If you're looking for a company that values people– one that allows you to do your best work as a part of a team passionate about finding innovative solutions and doing things right then this is the role for you!
About the Role:
Business Furniture's Business Development Representative is the continual spark that drives our business development engine and allows us to deliver engaging workspaces for our clients. In this role you will be on-the-go, calling, emailing, and meeting directly with potential client leads at all levels and with all types of organizations. Clients are typically acquired by uncovering the right person to engage at a business, from facilities to C-Suite, and utilizing network relationships at architecture/design and real estate firms. You will continually network to build a lead pipeline. You will also partner closely with Marketing on various campaigns (email, social media, etc.) to develop and engage warm leads.
To be successful, you must be able to work well in a team environment and understand how what you do helps everyone on the team and with the company succeed and to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients.
This position pays a base salary with commission and an opportunity to earn bonuses for appointments/meetings you make happen.
As a Business Development Representative, you will have a full complement of benefits, continuous training, competitive earning potential, and career path opportunities. Resources are invested in you and we work together to create a great place for you to do great work.
You are a sales person with at least one year of successful inside sales experience and a track record of success.
What does "success" mean? --It means you know how to research and network to build a pipeline of leads and you've seen leads turn into lasting client relationships. You rise to the challenge of your goals seeking ways to exceed them and you're excited about having a platform and opportunity to grow as successful sales career. You are also dedicated to new approaches, continued learning, and fully understanding our processes, products and services we provide.
You possess great communication skills, you understand your audience, and you know how to relate to all levels'the C-suite especially. You are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy working on your own. Your inquisitive nature means you love engaging with new people and uncovering new leads and seeing the opportunity pipeline and sales forecast grow knowing that much of it started with you.
Tips on How to succeed
- Be consistent and persistent in developing new business relationships through networking, email campaigns, follow-up on marketing leads, and phone calling C-level executives and decision makers.
- Your goal will be to generate five appointments/qualified leads per week and maintain an average of 3 qualified leads per week for the Business Development Representatives. A qualified lead is a business or business leader who shows interest in learning more about Business Furniture's capabilities.
- Become an expert in the Business Furniture value proposition.
- Keep a pulse on the market, the business happenings, comings and goings/moves, expansions, mergers and acquisitions, competition, and growth.
- Build your products and services knowledgebase across all Business Furniture offerings and prepare for other career paths (e.g. Business Development Representative)
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, sales leadership, and Business Development Reps so that everyone succeeds together.
Traits of Successful BDRs
- An appreciation for how design can positively affect the work environment.
- Proactive in connecting with others.
- Driven by results, connecting people, an appreciation for engaging workplace solutions, and teamwork.
- Resourceful and independent'meaning, you can be self-directed in learning and applying what is learned on-the-job and you don't wait around for someone to show you what to do next.
- Consultative, caring, and persuasive. You understand others' points-of-view and adjust your style and delivery to gain trust and meet clients' needs.
- Persistent to see the leads and appointments develop into longer-term rewards and success for you and the team.
Ideal Experiences of Successful BDR's
- Education or experience with interior office design is preferred and will give you a foundation for relating to potential clients. At a minimum, a passion for the user experience when it comes to the work environment.
- Previous top-of-the-funnel sales success (or related experience) showing positive results.
- You will have examples of success resulting from grass-roots networking, cold-calling, and business development efforts.
- You will have examples of building profitable business relationships through grass-roots networking, research, cold-calling, and business development efforts. If you have existing business relationships, you will be able to leverage those for success at Business Furniture.
This position will be in our Indianapolis office/showroom where you can enjoy the same variety of engaging workspaces as our clients.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org